Growth Mindset INSET Training, Staff Twilights and CPD Training
Having previously worked with Millway Primary School on Resilience this year the school has decided to focus on Developing a Growth Mindset culture across the school.
The journey began with delivering Training on the September INSET day to all staff and is being followed up by several staff twilight sessions taking place for all staff across school.
The training has covered:
- Understanding Growth Mindset including the key principles and theory
- Strategies and tools to develop a Growth Mindset classroom and becoming part of the whole school ethos and approach
- Ensuring all aspects of the school environment have visuals promoting Growth Mindset reminders and language
- Developing a language for positive learning supporting young people to embrace challenges and develop as individuals
- Fostering a Growth Mindset and lead positive changes within themselves
The staff have embraced the learning and the next step will be focusing on sharing the learning to young people through school assemblies and PSHE sessions during the week.
“Insia is an excellent public speaker. She has successfully delivered sessions to staff, children and parents at Millway Primary. Her sessions are always engaging, professional and inspirational!”
– Mr A Debenham – Headteacher, Millway Primary School